Information for Talented People
As a jobseeker you can join out Talentpool, you will need to register your details on the site behind the link. You can then add information to your Profile about your skills, experience and work history. Join out TALENTPOOL
Here you can find helpful information:
Hamburg Welcome Center (HWC)
The Hamburg Welcome Center caters to potential and current professionals under one roof. Various institutions offer their services on wide-ranging topics e. g. residency and registration law, general questions about starting a company in Hamburg, integration into the trainee and labour market as well as advice on the official recognition of foreign professionals’ qualifications.
Contact and further information
The Hamburg Welcome Center offers the following services:
Authorities service for qualified foreign professionals and students
Foreign executives, experts, scientists, self-employed persons, students and their families can do the following administrative matters at the Hamburg Welcome Center:
- Register and change of residence
- Issue, renew and transfer residence permits
- Visa extensions for business travellers
- Acceptance of declarations of commitment according to § 68 Residence Act
- Apply for certificates of good conduct
The Hamburg Welcome Center is also happy to help companies deal with residence law matters to hire foreign employees.
Make it in Hamburg! – Integrating international professionals
The joint project by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH and the non-profit educational institution Arbeit und Leben Hamburg helps both foreign skilled workers and their families integrate into the Hamburg labour market and companies looking for qualified personnel.
Make it in Hamburg! offers the following services free of charge:
- Application and telephone training
- Conversation courses
- Intercultural workshops
- Information on further education offers and various job-related courses
- Help finding a job or internship
General service for new residents - information about starting in Hamburg
You are new to Hamburg and lack basic, important information e.g.
- What and where is the best way to find a flat and/or job?
- What childcare options are there?
- Who can help me choose the right school for my child?
- Where can I take a language course?
- How does the health system work?
Zentrale Anlaufstelle Anerkennung (ZAA) – Advice on the official recognition of foreign educational, study and vocational qualifications
The Recognition Act, which has been in effect across Germany since 2012, gives everyone with foreign qualifications an opportunity to apply for recognition or assessment of their qualification. The Zentrale Anlaufstelle Anerkennung (ZAA) of the Diakonisches Werk Hamburg helps with the recognition process.
The following questions are answered:
- When is a formal recognition procedure necessary?
- What steps and documents are required for the recognition of my degree?
- Who is responsible for recognition?
- How much does the recognition procedure cost?