How to found and invest in Hamburg
You have a start-up, little time and need quick and uncomplicated support? You have an exciting idea and want to start up a business? You wish to acquire a share in a company and seek a safe and promising investment? You are interested in available start-ups in Hamburg and want to network? Start-ups are catalysts of innovation! You will find a particularly close-knit network and good links to established companies and science In Hamburg. But hey, what else makes Hamburg's start-up scene special and so successful? Why do so many IT students launch their career in Hamburg?
Points in favour of Hamburg:
- High start-up dynamism: More than 1.200 fledgling digital companies can now be found in the city.
- Numerous successful companies, such as myTaxi, Jimdo, Xing, or the Unicorn AboutYou (Otto Group) started up in Hamburg.
- Germany's second largest city is a global leader in the media, aviation, life sciences and logistics industries and increasingly in forward-looking digital fields such as Fintech, e-commerce and virtual reality as well.
- More than 112,000 students – more than 10,000 of hail from other countries - study and conduct research at 36 universities in the metropolitan region.
- Hamburg is Germany’s most attractive city for MINT students starting their career, according to a Deloitte study of German tech hubs.
Hamburg has an over 1,000-year history as a traditional international trading metropolis, and has historically grown a culture of entrepreneurship. Did you know, for instance, that the first logistics start-up set sail from Hamburg 800 years ago?
Collaborations: Hamburg's highly international start-up ecosystem
Want a good connection to Tel Aviv’s start-up ecosystem?
Here you will soon find our map